Following discussions with clubs, we have pulled together a list of the online training seminars, workshops and e-learning that are available to you at present to help keep you motivated and engaged.
This list is not exhaustive and will be updated on a regular basis;
Swim England – England Talent YouTube Channel
The Swim England Talent Team are offering a suite of online YouTube videos for club members and workforce to watch and stay engaged with the sport. The videos are applicable to all disciplines, with topics that include:
- Strength and Conditioning exercises
- Sports Psychology support
- Discipline specific workouts
- Plyometic workout exercises
- Mental Wellness Awareness
- Nutrition to Maintain and many more
UK Coaching – Curious Coaches
Curious Coaches’ Club meet online every Monday afternoon 2-3pm.
Themes that will be covered include:
27th April: Looking After Yourself and Your Participants
4th May: Sports Psychology
11th May: Skill Acquisition
18th May: Reflective Practice
UK Coaching E-Learning Courses
UK Coaching offer a variety of e-learning opportunities as follows:
- Coaching People with a visual impairment
- Keeping deaf and disabled children safe in sport
- How to coach: Plan, Do, Review
- Inspiring positive behaviour in sport
- Mental health awareness for sport and physical activity.
Institute of Swimming E-Learning CPD’s
Offering a wide range of CPDs and online learning to help you develop your knowledge and skills. All the CPDs ensure you maintain the highest standards as your career progresses, the wide ranging variety including topics such as:
- Introduction to teaching frontcrawl, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly.
- Visually impaired friendly swimming
- Adult swimming
- Deaf friendly swimming and many more.
MIND Mental Health Awareness Training for Sport and Physical Activity.
The four modules, developed in partnership with 1st4sport and UK Coaching, and funded by Sport England and the National Lottery – will increase your knowledge and understanding of mental health, providing you with the practical skills and strategies to be able to:
- Build people’s resilience, self-esteem and confidence
- Adapt your sessions to make them more inclusive
- Enable and support mental health recovery
- Tackle stigma and discrimination.
Please click here to access the training.