Swim England North West are looking for the next generation of aspiring coaches. We believe, this course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to actively support a synchronised swimming coach in the delivery of a planned training session. The cost of the course is £245. Individuals who successfully complete the course may (subject to bursary criteria being met) be able to access the Regional Coaching Bursary. Lancashire County club members can also access the Pat Gabbitas Fund.
- Face to face learning will commence on the 3rd-4th/17th-18th August 2019. This will include full day Saturday and Sunday.
- Full timetable will be provided upon full registration with the Institute of Swimming.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who wants to take the first step to become a synchronised swimming coach or interested in supporting a coach in a club environment.
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least three training sessions to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The role of the assistant coach
- The fundamentals of synchronised swimming
- How to safely prepare, support and conclude coached synchronised swimming sessions
- Basic and synchronised swimming specific coaching skills
- Coach and performer development
- Good practice in coaching ethics
- Health and Safety
You must be at least 16 years of age and be a member of a Swim England affiliated club. There are no formal entry requirements for this certificate and you do not need any previous experience of coaching.
Please note once you have reserved your place below further information will be provided by the Region on the process to registering onto the course with the Institute of Swimming through its new web site.
Closing date is 9am Monday 15th July 2019.
Hurry as places are limited.