In line with National Para Swimming Team, Swim England North West organise a Para- Swimming development day.
The Development Day is open to all swimmers who are part of a North West Regional swimming club, have a Para-Swimming Classification (S1-14) or have an impairment eligible for Para-Swimming.
Swimmers must meet the eligibility criteria for their medical impairment to be recognised for the competitive Para-Swimming pathway. The primary diagnosis must be stable and belong to one of the 10 eligible impairment types:
• Hypertonia (high muscle tone)
• Ataxia (involuntary movement)
• Athetosis (involuntary contraction of muscles)
• Limb deficiency
• Impaired passive range of movement
• Impaired muscle power
• Leg length difference
• Short stature
The programme is organised to develop young talent and consists of the following:
– Pool Sessions working on stroke efficiency, speed play and racing starts.
– Land Training which will work on strength and conditioning for racing starts.
– Swimmer and Parent Workshop
– Coach Workshop
All qualified Teachers and Coaches from the region are invited to attend the Para-Swimming Development Day.
Please Note: Individuals are responsible for their own personal belongings during the course.
Closing Date: 9am, Monday 16th March 2020.