The Swim England Para Swimming Talent Team have arranged a free, fun day of workshops and activities designed to help athletes, coaches and parents/guardians gain valuable information about the development of Para-athletes.
Saturday 10th July 2021
Athletes – 11:30-1:30pm (Coaches welcome to watch)
Coaches – 2:00-3:00pm
Dave is a 2 x Paralympian in Swimming and Triathlon, a World and European Medallist, British Champion, Team GB’s Youngest Athlete at the Athens 2004 Paralympics and a Top 10 Finisher in the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games.
He now works as an athlete mentor, head coach at Exmouth Swimming Club, a personal trainer and passionate to pass on his knowledge to the next generation.
Dave will talk about his career as an elite level athlete in two disciplines, giving hints and tips to athletes about developing and performing to their best.
He will then lead athletes through a land workout, explaining each element and why athletes perform them. This will build into a routine including his ‘making sense of chaos’, a 5-10 minute pre-pool routine that you can use if everything has gone wrong and if you’ve got the pool with no warm up and you race starts in 10 minutes!
The coach specific workshop, Dave will draw upon his experience as an athlete and coach to cover areas such as; what para-athletes require of a coach, what he has learnt and what has influenced his own coaching.
Who is this day for?
- Athletes who attend Regional Para-Swimming Training
- All classified athletes and those on the classification waiting list who would like to develop their swimming further
- Category 2 members who have an eligible Para-swimming impairment or hearing impairment and would like to learn more about para-swimming, or development/competitive opportunities.
- Coaches who would like to gain a greater knowledge of Para-swimming and the support available to them and to athletes.
- Club administrators exploring ways of developing para-swimming within their workforce and club environment.
All athletes under the age of 18 should be accompanied by an adult throughout.
To book you place please click here.
Log in details will be sent to registered individuals week commencing 5th July 2021.