SwimMark Updates June 2019 –
- Element 14 – please see SwimMark Portal templates for a copy of the revised guidance document which outlines accepted training (face to face and online courses) for SwimMark.
- Reminder to all SwimMark Clubs – please use the current SwimMark logo (which can be found on the portal) on all websites, social media and correspondence. Submissions will not be accepted if the old logos are used.
- If clubs are encountering any problems accessing the SwimMark portal please click here. There was recently a security message on the SwimMark portal and we therefore want to ensure clubs that the system is safe to use.
- SwimMark Benefit – SwimMark clubs can now access three free bronze listings per year for coaching vacancies on the Careers in Aquatics website. To submit a vacancy, please click here and visit the ‘Post a Job’ page. You will then need to enter the code SWMK19 plus your 4 character club code in the promotional box i.e. SWMK19SECL.
- Reminder – UK Coaching now offer three versions of their online renewal, which are all accepted by Swim England for SwimMark accreditation. The following three online courses contain the mandatory core modules of Safeguarding however then have additional information specific to the module (e.g. Safe Communication covers Social Media, Mobile phones and the use of emails).
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children (75 mins) – includes the core refresher module plus the Safe Communication with Digital Kids module
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children (60 mins) – includes the core refresher module plus the Safeguarding Deaf and Disabled Children module
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children (75 mins) – includes the core refresher module plus the Positive Parents module.
Please note that prior to completing any of the above online renewals individuals must have initially attended UK Coaching face-to-face training.
General Updates June 2019:-
- Swim England Coaching and Teaching Register
- We now have the details for over 8,000 coaches and teachers listed on the register. this information will enable Swim England to support and communicate with those individuals who play a pivotal role in the development of our aquatic sports. A newsletter was circulated to coaches early June and a teaching update is scheduled for week commencing 1st July. To ensure coaches and teachers receive these quarterly updates they must be listed on the register.
- For more information about the register please click here.
- Please note that information from the register will be used to populate E13 in the future (i.e. from the December Panel/accreditation date) and it is therefore crucial to ensure that all SwimMark clubs have added their coaches and teachers to the register. This will avoid duplication of work and ensure information is accurate. Additional information will be issued to clubs in due course.
- Club Hub – a new Club Support Hub is available on the Swim England website. Here clubs will find a wealth of information and resources to start, manage and develop your aquatics clubs. Please note that new information will continue to be added to the hub as and when required.
- Risk Assessment Portal – a new portal is currently being testing by 25 clubs, with an expected launch date of early 2020. More information will be circulated when available.
- Wavepower – a new version of Wavepower will be available in January 2020, with a free hard copy available for all Child Welfare Officers.
- Senior Coach Applications – The application process for the Senior Coach programme will be open from 10th June 2019, closing on 4th August 2019. If coaches require more information please click here.
- Swim England Club Awards – six progressive club awards were launched in 2018 to help children make the transition from the Swim England Learn to Swim Programme to a club level swimmer. All six awards should be delivered by fully-qualified swimming coaches. For further information, please click here.