It has been a very busy weekend with lots of activities across the region. From the Facebook and twitter feeds there have been lots of shares and new people following what has been happening. Read on to get an update.
- COMAST International Meet featured Olympic champion Adam Peaty and other swimmers. Although no records were broken, it was a great atmosphere and fantastic partnership working with COMAST and the leisure centre. Massive thanks to all the volunteers and officials for giving up their time to support this event.
- Synchro North of England competition welcomed swimmers from both North West and North East regions to show off their routines and figures. The competition saw some fantastic performances and many congratulations to all the swimmers and especially all the medal winers.
- Liverpool & District meet saw several young swimmers competing together from across Merseyside, some with there first appearance at this level of meet.
- It was the final weekend at Macclesfield Leisure Centre for the North Midlands Swimming Championships with numerous medals across all the competing clubs gained. Check out the results on the link below.View Results
- Cheshire Mini polo festival in Warrington was an opportunity for young people to get a taste of what skills are required to be a water player, as well as enjoying a fun experience. Thank you for organising the event.
- Young swimmers also competed at the Inter Town Association.
- Swim England has launched the Big school Swim and continues to promote schools to sign up for the event.
- Swim England launch new updated travel policy for when taking swimmers abroad.
Swim England have revisited their Overseas Travel Policy to include additional security recommendations.
They have also taken this opportunity to review all areas of the policy to ensure it incorporates the best practice elements of the Team Manager training modules and Wavepower to make it a more inclusive policy. In addition, they have added appendices to assist with planning trips.
Please can you ensure that you are familiar with these policies and that they are passed onto the appropriate people within you clubs.