- Team Managers
Team Manager training is designed to ensure any volunteers who are taking groups of athletes to competitions or camps, locally or abroad, are fully equipped to do their role. Individuals must be 18 years older and over on the day of the Team Manager Module 1 course.
Module 1 is designed as an introduction to Team Managing at a club/local level. It is intended to be a basic and informative workshop to give participants the confidence and knowledge to effective manage a team at a local level.
The course is designed to achieve the following four outcomes:
- To raise awareness of the key areas to consider in being a safe and effective Team Manager at local competitions
- To identify likely problems and challenges
- To understand the need for risk assessments
- To be aware of where further help, guidance and support is available.
This module is designed for Team Managers who have attended the Swim England Team Manager Module 1 course and have gained experience in Team Managing at a local level. This workshop builds upon these experiences and aims to equip a Team Manager to manage a team staying overnight or travelling abroad effectively.
The workshop is designed to achieve the following five objectives:
- To build on learning from Module 1 and share experiences
- To raise awareness of key areas in being a safe and effective Team Manager when staying away from home and travelling abroad.
- To identify likely problems and challenges associated with overnight stays and travelling abroad.
- To understand the value of risk assessments.
- To be aware of where further help, guidance support is available.