The Team Manager 1 Course is aimed at those who are starting out on their volunteering journey and focuses on single-day competitions or camps where there is no overnight stay.
It covers all aquatic disciplines and will be delivered via Zoom.
Participants will be guided through the course content, be able to ask questions, and get involved with the group discussions.
The course covers:
- Essential elements of team management from pre to post-event duties
- Relaying information in a concise manner and make quick decisions based upon the best interests of individuals and teams
- How Swim England’s safeguarding policy and procedures work in a team management context
- Managing athletes during competitions including promoting positive behavior at the venue
- How to support coaches, athletes, and parents
- And how to identify hazards and risk factors that have the potential to cause harm to athletes – and the risk assessment requirements associated with the role.
Attendees must be a
- member of the ASA to attend this course.
- be over 18 years of age
To make sure there is a wide variation of experiences in the discussions there will be a maximum of 5 members from each club allowed to attend the course, please check with your club before booking your place.
If for any reason the course has to be cancelled by the Regional Office then a refund or alternative course will be offered.
SENW Terms and Conditions
Closing Date: 9am, Monday 17th April 2023
Swim England North West Limited uses Zoom Communications Inc to provide video conferencing technology to deliver this service, the session may be recorded for training and quality purposes.