Swim England North West are looking for the next generation of aspiring coaches. We believe, this course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to actively support a coach in the delivery of a planned training session. The cost of the course is £220.
Individuals who successfully complete the course may (subject to bursary criteria being met) be able to access the Regional Coaching Bursary. Lancashire County club members can also access the Pat Gabbitas Fund.
Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you complete the theoretical elements of the course online through interactive activities and checks on learning, prior to the practical workshops. The online learning and completion of assessments should take you are approximately 12-15 hours to complete.
- Online learning will start on 13th May 2022.
- Online Zoom sessions will take place on Friday 20th May 2022 (6:30-9:30pm), Saturday 21st May 2022 (9:30am-1:30pm) and Tuesday 24th May 2022 (6:30-9:30pm).
- Practical sessions will take place on Friday 17th June (4:30-7:30pm) and Sunday 26th June 2022 (4:30-6:30pm). All sessions will take place at Barrow Leisure Centre.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who wants to take the first step to become a swimming coach or interested in supporting a coach in a club environment.
The course is delivered through a mixture of online learning, classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least three training sessions, coaching swimmers at county standard and above, to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The role of the assistant coach
- Importance of positive coaching behaviour
- Physical literacy in swimming
- Competitive swimming skills
- Para swimming
- Types of training used to develop swimmers
- How to deliver pre-planned coaching sessions
- How to carry out reflective practices of your coaching
You must be at least 16 years of age and be a member of a Swim England affiliated club. There are no formal entry requirements for this certificate and you do not need any previous experience of coaching.
SENW Terms and Conditions
Closing date is 9am, Monday 2nd May 2022
Please complete the information below if you would like to register your place.
For clubs with £100 Institute of Swimming Voucher from their recent SwimMark accreditation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to use your voucher against this course.