Swim England North West are looking for the next generation of aspiring coaches. We believe, this course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to actively support a coach in the delivery of a planned training session. The cost of the course is £200.
Individuals who successfully complete the course may (subject to bursary criteria being met) be able to access the Regional Coaching Bursary. Lancashire County club members can also access the Pat Gabbitas Fund.
Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you complete the theoretical elements of the course online through interactive activities and checks on learning, prior to the practical workshops. The online learning and completion of assessments should take you are approximately 12-15 hours to complete.
- Online learning will take place between 28th February and 11th March 2022.
- Online Zoom sessions will take place on 14th, 15th and 16th March 2022 from 6-9pm.
- Practical sessions will take place on Wednesday 23rd March (5.30-8.30pm), Friday 25th March (6.30-7.30pm) and Sunday 3rd April (1.30-5.30pm) at Europa Pools, Wirral.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who wants to take the first step to become a swimming coach or interested in supporting a coach in a club environment.
The course is delivered through a mixture of online learning, classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least three training sessions, coaching swimmers at county standard and above, to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The role of the assistant coach
- Importance of positive coaching behaviour
- Physical literacy in swimming
- Competitive swimming skills
- Para swimming
- Types of training used to develop swimmers
- How to deliver pre-planned coaching sessions
- How to carry out reflective practices of your coaching
You must be at least 16 years of age and be a member of a Swim England affiliated club. There are no formal entry requirements for this certificate and you do not need any previous experience of coaching.
Closing date is 21st February 2022.
Please click here to book your place.
Bookings must be made through the account of the individual attend the training.
Personal belongings remain the responsibility of the individual and are taken into venues at the individuals own risk. Neither Swim England North West nor the venue will be responsible for the loss of or damage to any such belongings. Individuals are advised to use lockers where available.