Swim England North West are looking for the next generation of aspiring coaches. We believe, this course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to actively support a Water Polo coach in the delivery of a planned training session. The cost of the course is £200. Individuals who successfully complete the course may (subject to bursary criteria being met) be able to access the Regional Coaching Bursary. Lancashire County club members can also access the Pat Gabbitas Fund.
- Learners will be given access to online work to be completed.
- Theory Online Meeting will take place on Tuesday 23rd November 2021 (6-9pm via zoom) and Tuesday 30th November (6pm-9pm via Zoom).
- Practical sessions will be held on Friday 3rd December and Friday 10th December (7-8:30pm at East Manchester Leisure Centre)
- Full timetable will be provided by Institute of Swimming in due course.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who wants to take the first step to becoming a Water Polo coach or interested in supporting a coach in a club environment.
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least three training sessions, coaching swimmers at county standard and above, to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The role of the assistant coach
- The fundamentals of Water Polo
- How to safely prepare, support and conclude coaching Water Polo sessions
- Basic and Water Polo specific coaching skills
- Coach and player development
- Good practice in coaching ethics
- Health and Safety.
You must be at least 16 years of age and be a member of a Swim England affiliated club. There are no formal entry requirements for this certificate and you do not need any previous experience of coaching.
Please note once you have reserved your place below further information will be provided by the Region regarding the process of registering onto the course with the Institute of Swimming through its new web site.
Closing date is 9am, Friday 19th November 2021
Hurry as places are limited.