Swim England North West are looking for the next generation of aspiring coaches. We believe, this course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to develop your knowledge, skills and abilities ahead of becoming an independent swimming coach.
Individuals who successfully complete the course may (subject to bursary criteria being met) be able to access the Regional Coaching Bursary. Lancashire County club members can also access the Pat Gabbitas Fund.
- Blended Learning is a more flexible approach where you complete the theoretical elements of the course online through interactive activities and checks on learning, prior to the practical workshops. The online learning and completion of assessments should take you are approximately 20-25 hours to complete.
- The course theory and online learning (via Zoom) will commence on:
- Wednesday 22nd March (6.00-9.00pm),
- Sunday 26th March (9.00am-12.30pm),
- Sunday 2nd April (9.00am-12.30pm),
- Wednesday 5th April (6.00pm-9.00pm),
- Sunday 16th April (9.00am-12.00pm) and
- Wednesday 19th April (6.00pm-9.00pm).
- Practical sessions will take place on:
- Sunday 23rd April (2.45pm-7.00pm) and
- Sunday 7th May (2.45pm-7.00pm) at Sale Leisure Centre, Sale.
- Full timetable will be provided upon full registration with the Institute of Swimming.
- Please ensure that you bring adequate food and drink for all the sessions, as refreshments will not be provided.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who has a Swim England Assistant Swimming Coach certificate who wants to become an independent coach.
You must be at least 18 years of age (prior to the start of the online learning) and hold the Swim England Assistant Swimming Coach, ASA Level 1 Award (QCF) in Coaching Swimming or equivalent Swim England/ASA Qualification.
How to book your place or to use SwimMark Vouchers
To book your place on this course, please do so directly through the IOS Website (please note, the price shown is the ‘RRP’ rate, if you are a Swim England Member you are eligible for a reduced ‘Club Rate Offer’ price).
- If you are a Swim England Member, please contact IOS directly before registering to receive the ‘Club Rate Offer’ (this is a reduced rate for this course).
- Any clubs wishing to use their £100 SwimMark IOS Voucher for this course, please contact IOS before registering.
IOS can be contacted – email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 01509 640 640
Closing date is Wednesday 15th March 2023