Swim England North West are looking for the next generation of aspiring coaches. We believe, this course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to develop your knowledge, skills and abilities ahead of becoming an independent swimming coach. The cost of the course is £425. Individuals who successfully complete the course may (subject to bursary criteria being met) be able to access the Regional Coaching Bursary. Lancashire County club members can also access the Pat Gabbitas Fund.
- Full timetable will be provided once confirmation on swimming pools opening and club returning to training has been established.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who has a Swim England Assistant Swimming Coach certificate who wants to become an independent coach.
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least six training sessions, coaching swimmers at county standard and above, to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- Roles and responsibilities of a Swimming Coach
- Understand the legal requirements of coaching swimming
- Impact of the Athlete Development Support Pathway in competitive swimming
- Physical literacy in swimming
- Scientific principles of competitive swimming
- Competitive swimming skills
- Types of training used to develop swimmers
- Planning, delivery and evaluation of a series of sessions
- Effective management in training and competition
- Communication skills within the swimming coaching environment
- Motivational techniques
- Developing swimming skills and competitive swimming strokes
- Evaluating swimmer progress
- Reflecting and evaluating on own performance
- Planning for professional development.
You must be at least 18 years of age (prior to the start of the online learning) and hold the Swim England Assistant Swimming Coach, ASA Level 1 Award (QCF) in Coaching Swimming or equivalent Swim England/ASA Qualification.
Please note once you have reserved your place below further information will be provided by the Region on the process to registering onto the course with the Institute of Swimming through its new web site.
Institute of Swimming Account Guidance
Closing date is 9am Monday 3rd August 2020.