Swim England North West are looking for the next generation of aspiring coaches. We believe, this course will equip you with the knowledge and tools to actively support an Artistic Swimming coach in the delivery of a planned training session. Individuals who successfully complete the course may (subject to bursary criteria being met) be able to access the Regional Coaching Bursary – Lancashire County club members can also access the Pat Gabbitas Fund.
- 4 x 3hr Zoom webinars –
- Thursday 13th April 2023 (6.00pm-9.00pm)
- Thursday 20th April 2023 (6.00pm-9.00pm)
- Thursday 27th April 2023 (6.00pm-9.00pm)
- Thursday 4th May 2023 (6.00pm-9.00pm)
- During these sessions, the tutor will cover the remainder of your theory topics and planning for your coaching sessions.
- 1 x Practical assessment –
- Sunday 7th May 2023 (9.00am-5.00pm) @ John Charles Centre For Sport, Leeds – this will consist of a meet and greet, preparation, assisting sessions, evaluation and feedback.
- 1 x 2hr Zoom webinar –
- Thursday 11th May 2023 (7.00pm-9.00pm)
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who wants to take the first step to becoming an Artistic Swimming coach or interested in supporting a coach in a club environment.
You must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
How to book
To book your place on this course, please do so directly through the IOS Website (please note, the price shown is the ‘RRP’ rate, if you are a Swim England Member you are eligible for a reduced ‘Club Rate Offer’ price).
- If you are a Swim England Member, please contact IOS directly before registering to receive the ‘Club Rate Offer’ (this is a reduced rate for this course).
- Any clubs wishing to use their £100 SwimMark IOS Voucher for this course, please contact IOS before registering.
IOS can be contacted – email: email@example.com or phone: 01509 640 640
Closing date is 30th March 2023