Swim England are keen to ensure that athletes have opportunities which support with the transition from senior to international team alongside support their education.
Ideally, swimmers would be able to access the following:
- Flexible study programmes
- Excellent training provision for both pool and non-pool based training
- Access to a team of support services; including Strength and Conditioning, Sports Science, Psychology, Lifestyle and Physiotherapy.
- Appropriate housing and pastoral care in close proximity to facilities and education sites.
- Appropriate scholarship incentives.
When picking the university and training programme you wish to be part of, remember the following:
- Discuss with your home coach suitable training options.
- Engage with a number of universities at Winter and Summer Nationals
- Book onto Open Days and speak to the university about your plans.
- Compare and Contrast a number of different universities including: the course and the study options, university location, perfomance swim programme that is on offer.
- Ensure you stick to the UCAS deadlines.
For more information outlined by England Talent, please click here.