Insurance Cover – Information for Clubs, Coaches and Teachers

The world of insurance can be confusing, especially if you are new to the sector. As a coach or teacher, you are providing a specialised service and could be held responsible for an injury to another person.

In circumstances like these, it is essential that you have appropriate insurance protection. Without insurance, you will need to defend yourself, putting your personal wealth at risk.

But what do the different insurance types means and what do you need?


Public Liability Insurance

Even with the most careful planning and preparation, a number of things can go wrong. Public liability insurance protects you against unexpected accidents that can occur before, during and after sessions.


Personal Accident and Loss of Income Insurance

You can also suffer injuries. These injuries could cause a significant financial burden. Personal Accident Insurance covers different types of injures, from minor injuries which require physio, to more severe injuries.

Loss of Income Insurance covers you if your regular pool closes due to an unexpected event, like a fire.


Employers’ Liability Insurance

If you employ member of staff or volunteers, then by law you need to have Employers’ Liability insurance. If one of your coaches or teachers was injured while working for you, they could hold you responsible, whether the accident took place on or off-site.


For information on which insurance you need, please click here.

Find a club

Simple Share Buttons