International Permits – Competing/Training Abroad

Swim England have pulled together a number of frequently asked questions with regards to competing or training abroad.

What is required from a member/club/squad who wish to compete or train abroad?

Members, groups of members or affiliated clubs wishing to compete, officiate, coach or train in countries outside Great Britain must apply for permission to do so, by completing an International Permit and Clearance Form, which can be downloaded here.

Do staff require training before taking members away?

Key members of staff should have attended a Team Manager 1 and 2 course before taking any club member abroad. Courses can be found here.

Do staff require a DBS disclosure?

Yes, all team staff are required to have a valid Swim England DBS as detailed in Wavepower 2016-2019.

Is there any guidance information on taking members away?

Yes, the NSPCC’s Safe Sport Events, Activities and Competitions document provides guidance on planning safely for trips away. This document can be downloaded from the website here.

Is there a checklist that can be used when planning an international trip?

Swim England has created the Overseas Travel and Security policy. The policy provides guidance and advice to members and employees planning overseas trips, including travelling on business, National teams competing in overseas competitions, as well as club training trips. To download the Swim England Overseas Travel and Security policy click here.



Find a club

Simple Share Buttons