The Senior Coach Programme will start in September 2019. The application process will open from the 10th June 2019 for 7 weeks, closing on the 4th August 2019.
The pre-requisites for applicants are;
- Individuals must be coaching at a SwimMark accredited club. Those who are not currently at a SwimMark accredited club but meet all other criteria may be considered but further information will be requested on application.
- Currently coaching for a minimum of 10 hours per week, spanning a minimum of 5 sessions, with the same group of swimmers
- Leading the coaching of a whole group/squad of swimmers for the programme duration and working with the swimmers who are competing at regional level or above: applicants are asked to provide evidence to confirm that they have coached 5 or more swimmers to regional championships in 2018 or 2019
- Able to commit to attending the face to face induction day and all 3 learning days, as well as commit to completing the programme within 12 months.
- Applicants must also hold an up to date DBS check from their club.
Compulsory dates that form part of the course are;
Saturday 28th September 2019
Sunday 29th September 2019
Sunday 5th January 2020
Sunday 29th March 2020
A direct link to the application page will be made available once the applications are open.