Swim England North West is excited to announce that we are seeking several further young volunteers (aged 15-20) on a voluntary basis, to join our Swim England North West Youth Advisory Panel.
- Would you like to be part of a small team of like-minded individuals who will become a youth voice for the Region?
- Are you keen to be heard and make a difference in your sport?
- Do you have ideas on what the Region could implement to improve aquatics for our young members?
This could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
What is the SENW Youth Advisory Panel?
The SENW Youth Advisory Panel (overseen by SENW Staff and a SENW Management Board Representative) is responsible for delivering projects that promote and prioritise youth engagement within aquatics.
Members of the SENW Youth Advisory Panel consists of individuals from all aquatic disciplines and/or club volunteering backgrounds, from different parts of the Region, to provide a voice representing young volunteers on a Regional level.
The objective is simple; using the power of the youth voice to make aquatic sports better for all. With honesty and compassion, the SENW Youth Advisory Panel aim to be hugely influential in supporting both the Region and Swim England to achieve their vision of ‘a nation swimming’. The SENW Youth Advisory Panel will form part of a natural pathway to the National Youth Advisory Panel.
Panel members must be prepared to attend 4 meetings per year (minimum) carried out either face to face and/or online (in addition, individuals will be required to complete group projects outside of these meetings).
The Successful Candidates must:
- Be aged between 15-20 years
- Be a current SENW Member, actively involved in an aquatic discipline as a participant, teacher, coach, official or club volunteer
- Have an awareness of the needs of young people in sport
- Be able to deliver on projects and activities to engage young people
- Be an effective communicator, work well in a team and be confident in advocating on behalf of young people
- Be confident in supporting the visions of young people in aquatic sport.
How to Apply:
- Complete of an online ‘Expression of Interest’ form request a copy of the form by completing the following process – click here
- Submission of a short 2 minute video to firstname.lastname@example.org – this should focus on the following topic ‘An issue in aquatic sport that is important to you’ – please contact us for advice if you are struggling to email your video to us.
- Short informal interview via Zoom/Teams
Closing date for all expression of Interest forms to be returned is 9am, Monday 22nd January 2024.
Any queries regarding the SENW Youth Advisory Panel submission process, please email email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible.
Information about the Swim England National Youth Advisory Panel
- A short video published by the ‘Swim England National Youth Advisory Panel’ explaining what they do – click here
- ‘Swim England National Youth Advisory Panel helps members with their education’ – click here