Swim England have organised a Synchronised Swimming Coaching Course.
Dates: 28th-31st August 2019
Venue: University of Bath (Sports Training Village, BA2 7AY)
This course builds on the Swim England Assistant Synchronised Coach certificate, developing knowledge, skills and abilities ahead of becoming an independent synchronised swimming coach.
The course is delivered through a mixture of online learning, classroom activities and practical poolside learning, where candidates will participate in at least six training sessions to gain hands-on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- Roles and responsibilities of a synchronised swimming coach
- Nutrition and hydration for synchronised swimming
- Bio-mechanical principles in synchronised swimming
- Key physical and mental qualities of a skilled performer
- Planning, delivery and evaluation
- How to coach synchronised swimming sessions
- Session management skills
- Communication skills within the coaching environment
- How to use a variety of coaching methods to meet performer needs
- Developing technique
- Motivational techniques
- How to support performers and assistant coaches
- Evaluating your own performance
- Planning for Professional Development.
If you are interested in attending this course and are from a SwimMark accredited club, then please contact email@example.com for availability.