The Swim England National programmes provide coaches with an opportunity to learn and further develop their coaching skills to enhance their knowledge and experience of working with Para-swimmers. The National programmes will provide support to coaches working with Para-swimmers and are centred on the pillars of athlete development and coaching behaviours. Leading experts in para-swimming will deliver and support the programmes.
National Coach Development Programme – Stage 1
Stage 1 programme is centred on the pillars of athlete development; Technical, Tactical, Physical, Psychological and Lifestyle. It will support coaches to create development plans for a Para-swimmer under each pillar, providing a holistic development of the Para-swimmer in their journey through the Athlete Development Support Pathway (ADSP).
Cost is £50
- Coaches who are currently working with Para-Swimmers who have at a minimum, competed at the 2019 Swim England Summer Championships
- Minimum Level 2 Coach qualified
Sessions will be run online on the following dates
- Saturday 14th November 2020 from 10-12pm
- Thursday 17th December 2020 from 6-8pm
- Saturday 9th January 2021 from 10-12pm
- Thursday 4th February 2021 from 6-8pm
- Thursday 3rd June 2021 from 6-8pm
For further information, please click here.
Expression of Interest to be completed by Friday 6th November 2020.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information
Current information of working with Para-Swimmers
What you wish to learn from the programme