During a previous Swim England Club Management Group meeting (formerly the Swim21 National Panel), a decision was made to compile an update following each quarterly meeting (March, June, September and December) and circulate this to all accredited clubs. Please see below the most recent updates.
SwimMark Updates October 2018:-
- Reminder to all SwimMark Clubs – please use the current SwimMark logo (which can be found on the portal) on all websites, social media and correspondence. Submissions will not be accepted if the old logos are used.
- Club Matters – clubs should only have one Club Matters account, however it appears that there are a number of duplication accounts at present. When setting up an account, please check with your club to ensure an account hasn’t already been registered.
- If clubs are encountering any problems accessing the SwimMark portal please try the following link: https://www.swimmark.org/Account/LogOn
- Reminder – UK Coaching now offer three versions of their online renewal, which are all accepted by Swim England for SwimMark accreditations.
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children (75 mins) – includes the core refresher module plus the Safe Communication with Digital Kids module
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children (60 mins) – includes the core refresher module plus the Safeguarding Deaf and Disabled Children module
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children (75 mins) – includes the core refresher module plus the Positive Parents module
Please note that prior to completing any of the above online renewals individuals must have initially attended UK Coaching face-to-face training.
General Updates October 2018:-
- Connected Coaches is UK Coaching’s new online community for coaches of any sport or activity. The community will provide friendly support and advice while helping coaches to solve problems together. Please click here for the website.
- Sports clubs across England continue to grow with participants and volunteer numbers rising according to a new report published by the Sport and Recreation Alliance and Sport England.
- Clubs matters have recently added three new podcasts to the website:
- GDPR regulations and the benefits of Clubmark
- Importance of volunteers
- Financial matters i.e. fundraising and managing money.
Thank you for your continued commitment to SwimMark.