During a previous Swim England Club Management Group meeting (formerly the Swim21 National Panel), a decision was made to compile an update following each quarterly meeting (March, June, September and December) and circulate this to all accredited clubs. Please see below the most recent updates.
SwimMark Updates July 2018:-
- Clubmark – Swim England has recently been made aware that the Sainsbury’s Active Kids scheme is no longer a Clubmark benefit.
- Please note that SwimMark accredited clubs receive a 5% on the cost of Swim England Awards . If you would like to know more about these awards why not contact your local club officer.
- UK Coaching now offer three versions of their online renewal, which are all accepted by Swim England for SwimMark accreditations.
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children (75 mins) – includes the core refresher module plus the Safe Communication with Digital Kids module
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children (60 mins) – includes the core refresher module plus the Safeguarding Deaf and Disabled Children module
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children (75 mins) – includes the core refresher module plus the Positive Parents module
Please note that prior to completing any of the above online renewals individuals must have initially attended UK Coaching face-to-face training.
General Updates July 2018:-
- Club Matters – Club Matters have launched a new website. The updated layout will help clubs find information using less clicks, as well as making new content like the Club Matters podcast and upcoming online training videos easier to find. Click here to find out more
- UK Coaching have recently launched their new website containing a range of new guides, videos and podcasts etc – .
- CIMSPA & UK Coaching recently launched the coaching professional standards, which provide an agreed reference point of the knowledge, skills and behaviours required of coaching assistants and coaches. This information will not only inform the development of future coaching qualifications and training but also support the effective deployment of coaches. The development of the Coach and Coaching Assistant standards included direct consultation with a wide range of sporting bodies, before an open consultation with the wider sector. If you would like to read more then head over to the CIMPSA website here.
- Funding Opportunities for Coaching – in November 2017 a Funding Guide was produced which outlines funding sources, on a regional basis –
- Activity Alliance is the new name for the English Federation of Disability Sport. The organisation has developed an Inclusion Club Hub to help clubs to include more disabled people in their activities. The toolkit provides clubs with ideas, methods and resources to ensure everyone has a positive club experience – .
- The following link provides insurance information for Swim England members.
If you would like to access previous SwimMark updates please click on the link below
Thank you for your continued commitment to SwimMark